Here we are! Day One of my Twitter detox. If you haven’t already, you can check out what this project is about here.
These posts are going to highlight the things that I spend my time doing now that I am not using any social media apps except for Buffer.
I am still figuring out the structure of these posts but I think each post will include something similar to the structure below.
What Did I Do Today
- Worked on novel for 90 mins
- Launched the QA page for SMDProject July
- Scheduled a few tweets for Buffer
- Watched a development stream for my cousin’s forthcoming video game
Something Interesting I Read Today
I’ve been reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and am loving it. This book could not have come at a better time in my life, which is also interesting because the book itself contains the theme of the universe working in your favor.
The book contains many simple truths written in a beautiful way. Here is one that I think is relevant to the theme of the month:
“…people become fascinated with pictures and words and wind up forgetting the Language of the World.”
And here’s another just for fun:
“Whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something, it’s because that desire originated in the soul of the universe.”
Something(s) Interesting I Learned Today
- That I am 100% ready for this thing to fail and to reach no one at all. And that’s okay.
- I am working to bring myself out of the mindset that this is all just to gain an audience. I have decided to commit to the month of July to finish this project whether or not anyone reads anything I have to say. I have quit too many creative projects in my lifetime, so now its time to start one with a defined end point and see it through to completion.
- I want to do this to remind myself that I have 100% control over my projects themselves, even if I have zero control over how they are received.
- I also want to use this opportunity to practice deep focus. My mind tends to wander quite frequently, so I want to work it like a muscle and harness that focus.
You Can Join Too!
Feel free to get in touch if you want to share in this MAGICAL experience.
Just imagine: a life free from the bonds of social media…